14-Feb-2015: Sydney – WORKSHOP
MiCBT for Chronic Conditions, Crisis Intervention & Relapse Prevention (2 days), with Alice Shires
The aim of this workshop is to introduce the integration of mindfulness training with core principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to improve ways of addressing chronic conditions, crisis and prevent relapse in a wide range of psychological disorders. It will describe the important theoretical framework underlying MiCBT and introduce participants to the use of these skills across a wide range of chronic and acute conditions.
This workshop will expand your common understanding of operant conditioning and provide a strong neuro-behavioural basis for integrating mindfulness training with traditional CBT.
Workshop content will involve practical and experiential components.
Participants will learn:
- Principles and skills in mindfulness practice
- Theoretical fundamentals of mindfulness training
- The use of mindfulness meditation to neutralise operant conditioning and improve therapeutic efficacy
- How to engage the client in the treatment plan
- The four stages of MiCBT
- The use of mindfulness-based exposure skills
- The use of mindfulness-based interpersonal skills
- The use of mindfulness-based relapse prevention strategies
14 CPD hours may be claimed, but please check eligibility with your professional body regarding other criteria, e.g.. active, special college, etc. (For Psychologists, this course meets APS criteria for 14 Active CPD hours.)
NB This workshop is also the Week 1 face-to-face workshop for the MiCBT Foundation Course, below.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP
14-Feb-2015: MiCBT FOUNDATION COURSE (8 weeks) Sydney and Online, with Alice Shires
In order for mental health professionals to implement mindfulness-based therapies, such as Mindfulness-integrated CBT, it is essential that they first develop their own skills in mindfulness practice experientially. The main aim of this 8-week Foundation course is to provide clinicians with the opportunity to personally practise and integrate the mindfulness and CBT skills used in MiCBT while learning the theoretical framework for these practices.
Course content will involve:
- practical and experiential work, and include: core and advanced skills in mindfulness practice
- theoretical fundamentals of mindfulness approaches incorporating the complex foundations (locus and dynamics) of behaviour maintenance and extinction to improve ecological validity and therapeutic efficacy
- methods to engage the client in the MiCBT treatment plan implementing the four stages of MiCBT
- mindfulness-based relapse prevention strategies
- real case demonstrations on video and in a master class format will be included.
28 CPD hours may be claimed, but please check eligibility with your professional body regarding other criteria, e.g.active, special college, etc. (For Psychologists, this course meets APS criteria for 28 Active CPD hours).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR 8-WEEK COURSE
No prior knowledge of mindfulness is assumed, however, a working knowledge of CBT or REBT is required.
Who should attend?
Registered and currently practising psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health social workers, mental health occupational therapists, mental health nurses, professionally qualified counsellors, professionally qualified psychotherapists.
Earlybird Payments to be received before 16 January 2015.